Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Share
What a challenge. We are still three or four months out, but Christmas is on my brain. Since this is going to be a lonely time of year for the Jones household we decided that it might be beneficial to use this time to go back to Texas and Oklahoma. With that, comes the opportunity to rebuild those relationships that I mentioned in an earlier post. Those I sacrificed in the name of LOVE. It is a very exciting and yet apprehensive endeavour that I am ready to whole-heartily take on. So come on God, work with me...better yet, come one Nikki, work with God!
Though I have plenty of time on my side, I just feel like it isn't enough to prepare my heart or those of my loved ones. But in my heart of hearts, I know that this is the season to begin building, or at least the preparation there of. Just as we prepare to build a house, we must first prepare the ground and then begin the foundation before building the structure.
It has been about 2 1/2 years since I have seen those that I so dearly love that I so badly hurt. In the beginning we really struggled to muster the ability for civil conversation. What a loss...but what a time for God to clear away the clutter. Then, we gradually began to exchange in thought by way of Internet and soon periodic phone conversation. This has been like the ground work for the construction. And just like building, you are never completely sure when the ground is ready to lay the foundation and thus the structure, so you just have to trust that you have prepared enough to begin that process. This is where we are at: still prepping the ground for a proper foundation.
I am trusting that the ground will be ready by the time I get there; and though we may only work on foundational work and not get to the building yet, I know that everything has it's season, and that TIME isn't for God as we see it.


Luke 6:48 (NIV)He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NIV) There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven

1 comment:

  1. Nikki, I've had to do some very similar work in my own relationships; so, if you need a willing shoulder or ear - give a holler. It can be a frustrating, exasperating and terrifying experience, but it is worth it. There was a time when my father and I couldn't be in the same state, let alone in the same room. He's 1 of my best buds these days. That's a blessing, and it was worth the pain to get there.

    ReplyDelete

I am glad to share, I just pray that God uses my testimony to strengthen others. May you be encouraged in the Lord.
Shalom,
Nikki