Saturday, January 10, 2009

A look at the past two months...

Share
Wow, what an exhausting vacation, if you could even call it that. It has been a while since I have blogged and I am definately out of the swing of things just as you are all behind on my life's current events. So, I will paraphrase a summary...If I tried to recall it all at once, you are likely to have to stop reading half-way through to get on with your lives.
My last post was on December 1, 2008 telling of the wonderous move of God concerning my dad. I regret to inform you that he did later pass away on December 12, as did my grandmother on December 4. Those two deaths alone was enough emotional turmoil for me but God had other plans for me. I dealt with a wealth of family animosity, gossip, and rivalry and amongst it all, I totalled my van. A dear ran out in front of me on December 8 and of course, those Texas deer do not have insurance...thankfully, I do. There was a lot more that happened during my stay that I do not have liberty to say on the internet, or at least I will show some respect for those who hurt me. I am not out to humiliate anyone but to be a light. And though I endured a lot, I do feel like God used me to show his mercy. He sustained me through it all and I am ever so thankful.
I will fill in gaps in later posts, but for now, just know that I am happy, healthy, and at home in Virginia! Praise God!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Nikki! It was good to see you this morning!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got home safely; you've remained in my thoughts and prayers during your trip. I'm so sorry about your father and your grandmother. God will work through you to reach people - just stay strong in that - it's hard to not lash back out at those who hurt us, but it is the right thing to do - be the worm not the snake

    ReplyDelete

I am glad to share, I just pray that God uses my testimony to strengthen others. May you be encouraged in the Lord.
Shalom,
Nikki