Thursday, January 15, 2009

Crumbling Point?

Share
I know that at a certain point water begins to boil, so at what point does a person begin to crumble? Or at least a NAVY (or any military) spouse? We have about 3 1/2 months left on this deployment, which is not much. We are over the hump and on our downward spiral but with it is ME. What happened to me? I am usaully the strong one, able to hold things together and not show too much emotion but now I feel like I could collaps at any moment. Was it the releif from the tremendous amount of stress that I was under?
This blog is dedicated to the trials and triumphs of a military family, well here is a trial. DEPLOYMENT! I am tired of it. I am ready for my hubby to be home. I am ready to be annoyed by his familiar manly antics! I am ready do extra laundry, cook extra food, and lose precious sleep for the love of my life.
Okay, I feel better...hummm, what else is on my brain?
"Howard is a wonderful husband. He is a great daddy. He puts God first on the todem pole and then I rank second with the kids falling in behind. I love that. He repects that I need quiet time with God. He could cuddle for days and never leave the house if allowed the opportunity. He respects my body. He is a tremedously determined individual. He always goes back to finish what he started even if it takes 9 years. He has endured incredible suffering for his dreams. He is an honest man. He is tenderhearted. He is a warrior. He loved me when I was reckless and waited 8 years for me. He believes in me. He is my best friend and I am his. He trusts me. He lets me spend money. He loves to spend money on the kids and me. He is persistent. He is confident. He is incredibly sexy. He is MINE!"
I know I do not make much sense, I am heartbroken and lonely tonight, but yet there is peace...It's God.

2 comments:

  1. hang in there chicklette.. you're on the downhill from the emotional rollercoaster of the last 2 months... peace will be yours again once you decompress :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NIkki- YOu are equally as awesome as your wonderful husband!!! iT's ok not to be OK!!! Being broken before GOD and desperate for Him IS a good place to be!! hey did you know you can listen to the sermons you miss on the grace church website!!! missed seeing your pretty face today! I saw that kody was there, but didn''t get to talk to her--- are you ok?

    ReplyDelete

I am glad to share, I just pray that God uses my testimony to strengthen others. May you be encouraged in the Lord.
Shalom,
Nikki