Monday, December 1, 2008

God's Grace is Enough

Share
This past week has been exhausting to say the least, but definitely has strengthened myself and others. It has been a bonding time with my sister and I and a definite change of heart for us regarding our father. Three years ago, I had so much resentment that I would not have taken this trip to be with him and now I have entertaining the thought of moving closer to him.
Even though he and I have had a strained relationship for the past ten years, in his hour of need, God prepared a way for me to be by his side as well as making sure my sister could be here. We definitely spent some time looking death straight in the face and seen God move on our behalf, astonishing nurses, doctors, and unbelievers. On Friday, my dad was coded without a pulse after a week on a ventilator. CPR brought him around and drugs kept his heart beating throughout the day and night. On Sunday morning, he was eating a cheeseburger and telling stories about our childhood! Go GOD!
So today is Monday and we will be on the road tomorrow back to Mamma's house in northeast Texas.

2 comments:

  1. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD! That's awesome Nikki! Love you- G

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHOO!! Great to hear this news! God is so good to us, even when we least deserve it isn't He??? It so blows my mind every single time!!

    ReplyDelete

I am glad to share, I just pray that God uses my testimony to strengthen others. May you be encouraged in the Lord.
Shalom,
Nikki